Training & Events
Whether you are attending an in-person or virtual training or event or connecting with the Springboard team for technical assistance, we are here to support you in advancing active school environments.
Here, you will find a detailed calendar of upcoming in-person and virtual events, including the recordings of past webinars.
- This event has passed.
Training of Trainers: Springboard to CSPAP Implementation
July 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - July 12, 2017 @ 1:00 pm UTC+0
Day 1: July 11, 2017, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Day 2: July 12, 2017, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Springboard to CSPAP Implementation Training of Trainers (ToT), hosted by the Springboard to Active Schools’ team:
– Advanced participants’ knowledge, skills and abilities to implement the Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) framework in local education agencies (LEAs)/schools, with an emphasis on modeling practical strategies around increasing physical activity in the classroom and active recess.
– Leveraged expertise and relevant experience of participants and subject matter experts with the implementation of CSPAP and building a culture of physical activity among LEAs/schools.
By the end of the ToT, participants were able to:
– Identify and apply new professional development and technical assistance content to targeted LEAs on implementing strategies to increase physical activity in the classroom and active recess.
– Develop, implement and evaluate an action plan for professional development that addresses the CSPAP strategies covered in the ToT.
– Communicate the benefits of physical education and physical activity (PE/PA) and CSPAP and success stories to diverse audiences using data, key messages, success stories and other communication strategies.
– Connect and communicate with other 1305 school health partners to expand and enhance their work with PE/PA in their own state.
Contact Kate Holmes at [email protected] or (225) 500-1137 with questions.
Read more about the Training of Trainers, here.