Training & Events
Whether you are attending an in-person or virtual training or event or connecting with the Springboard team for technical assistance, we are here to support you in advancing active school environments.
Here, you will find a detailed calendar of upcoming in-person and virtual events, including the recordings of past webinars.
There are currently no upcoming events.
Check back soon and/or click on “Past Events” (located on the right)
to view all previous events.
- This event has passed.
Promoting Active School Environments through Physical Education
February 16, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Missed the webinar? A recording is available here.
Join the National Network of Public Health Institutes and Health Resources in Action (NNPHI-HRiA) team, along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Illinois Public Health Institute (IPHI) to:
- Meet the NNPHI-HRiA team and hear about their Menu of Support for 1305 partners in PE/PA;
- Hear updates from CDC on new physical education evidence and resources, including highlights from the Secular Changes in Physical Education Attendance Among U.S. High School Students report; and,
- Learn about IPHI’s innovative enhanced physical education policies and programs throughout the state of Illinois.
Illinois Public Health Institute
Illinois has long been a leader in valuing children’s health by supporting daily physical education requirements for grades K-12. Many Illinois schools have designed or adopted model programs to meet this requirement and create opportunities for physical activity. Learn about the state’s successes, challenges, and lessons learned in its efforts to promote enhanced physical education programs. In addition, IPHI will feature its evidence-based Pump Up P.E.: Promote Health, Learning, & Lifelong Fitness one-day training program.
Kelly Hughes, Associate Director, Program Strategy, National Network of Public Health Institutes
Brittany Chen, Director, Policy and Practice, Health Resources in Action
Shannon Michael, Health Scientist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of Population Health
Janna Simon, Program Manager, Center for Policy & Partnerships Initiatives, Illinois Public Health Institute
- February 16, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- May 24, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- July 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - July 12, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
- May 9 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm