Classroom Physical Activity Idea
Guess Who the Leader Is?
Approach: Movement outside of academic instruction
Recommended by: Sarah Roundy, School Health Coordinator, Utah Department of Health
Source: Healthy Body, Health Minds (pg. 47)
Formation: Students line up around the perimeter of the room
- One person is asked to leave the room.
- The teacher selects a person to be the leader.
- The leader begins by clapping hands, snapping fingers, stomping on one foot, etc.
- Everyone follows the leader.
- The person who left re-enters the room and tries to guess who the leader is.