NOTE: This Online Learning Institute was held on March 17, 2021. Below is information and resources from the training.
During this interactive three-hour long training, presenters will provide an understanding of the connection between social emotional learning and classroom physical activity, walk through some equity and cultural considerations, model and adapt different physical activity ideas, and provide a space for participants to connect and practice leading activities in small groups.
- Understand the connection between social emotional learning and classroom physical activity and how the COVID-19 pandemic requires creative approaches to keeping children active in school.
- (Re)introduce tools for integrating physical activity in the classroom.
- Build confidence in integrating physical activity into your classroom through practice.
- Kate Holmes, Senior Manager, Health Resources in Action/Springboard to Active Schools (email@example.com)
- Kathleen McCabe, Managing Director of Policy and Practice, Health Resources in Action/Springboard to Active Schools (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nicole Myers-Lim, Executive Director, California Indian Museum and Cultural Center
- Katherine Hawksworth, Program Manager, Public Health Institute/Center for Wellness and Nutrition (Katherine.email@example.com)
- Lina Jew, Senior Program Associate, Health Resources in Action/Springboard to Active Schools (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Resources from Training:
Equity Considerations for Classroom Physical Activity