Training & Events
Whether you are attending an in-person or virtual training or event or connecting with the Springboard team for technical assistance, we are here to support you in advancing active school environments.
Here, you will find a detailed calendar of upcoming in-person and virtual events, including the recordings of past webinars.
There are currently no upcoming events.
Check back soon and/or click on “Past Events” (located on the right)
to view all previous events.
- This event has passed.
Springboard to Sustainability: A Webinar for 1305 Partners Focused on School Health
May 24, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
As we approach year 5 of 1305, practical, ready-to-use sustainability strategies are a priority topic for all state grantees.
Join the Springboard to Active Schools and Health Resources in Action’s Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness team as we:
- Explore elements of and practical tools for sustainability planning
- Learn about Health Resources in Action’s Facilitating Alignment and Strategic Thinking (FAST) rapid strategic planning process, and its application to initiating, maintaining, and sustaining initiatives through multi-sector partnerships
- Highlight success stories and national and local opportunities for strategic alignment across sectors for school and community health improvement efforts
- Identify areas of interest for follow-up support
Rose Swensen, Health Resources in Action
Sustaining school health initiatives requires a coordinated, multi-sector approach that takes thoughtful planning and investment in long-term success. For the past 5 years, Health Resources in Action has guided over 30 government agencies, health care and educational institutions, community coalitions, philanthropic organizations, and nonprofits through customized and rapid planning processes to initiate, maintain, and sustain policies and practices to promote health. HRiA’s Facilitating Alignment and Strategic Thinking (FAST) process builds consensus, uses data to inform collective action, and aligns efforts to maximize impact, underpinned with an equity focus.
Brittany Chen, Director, Policy and Practice, Health Resources in Action
Rose Purrelli Swensen, Managing Director, Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness, Health Resources in Action
Kate Holmes, Active Schools Training Manager, National Network of Public Health Institutes
Missed the webinar? A recording is available here.
- February 16, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- May 24, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- July 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - July 12, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
- May 9 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm